NEW YEAR, NEW ME, MAYBE?

HH E L L O   B E A U T I F U L S !  

Well, Happy Twenty Seventeen folks! πŸŽ‡ I never failed to make a New Year's Resolution but this year I want to make a more realistic and simple list. So without further ado, I present to you the #newyearnewme crap. πŸ˜‚



1  |  Focus On Self πŸŽ‰

I've pretty much conquered the loving myself part. Probably way more than I should. Now, it's more on doing things for myself. Learning to accept every flaw and not stressing over the little things was a damn long journey. Lets' be honest, there is no way it's going to happen overnight, a few weeks or even in a few months. It takes as long as you need! 

I'm hopeful that I will be doing whatever I want for myself. Therefore, spending more time with myself, by myself. Plus, I'll be walking down a new path alone in a couple of months time, and there's no doubt that the road of self-discovery will be widening! 


FIRST TASK : Sing my undying soul out!



2  |  Baby Steps To Veganism 🌱

I remember how many questions, no, not questions but harassment I had to deal with when I became pescetarian. Yes, I stopped for a moment, giving in and thinking I was happy to eat meat again. Yes, I was happy eating meat again but I was even HAPPIER when I went back to being Pescetarian! Since then I was certain that this is what I want. It's what I am now. It's funny how this kind of things can change you in a way. Anyway, I went to this vegan talk end of November and I loved it. I had the opportunity to understand more about Veganism. I've watch the videos regarding the meat industry and there's no turning back. I don't how the hell these people can sleep at night, especially having to do that for a living. 

So, being away from home (which is in a couple of months time) will allow me to explore Veganism. My mother will totally hate me if I start now. I already carefully crafted out a plan to go down that road. Side note, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't. Don't even try to question and tell me - "OMG YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON LIFE". Frankly, I'm not missing out much. I stopped eating meat for health purposes, and now it's for ethical reasons.



3  |  Read More, It's A Fantastic Distraction πŸ“š

You guys know how we get that RM250 book voucher and go crazy over the Big Bad Wolf event? The amount of books that we get is ridiculously crazy! Thing is, do any of you actually sit down and read what you have bought? Honestly, it's a no for me. I have a, what it feels like, a thousand books I have YET touch. They're even still nicely wrapped. I used to be so fond of reading till I got sucked into the social media world. I'm not saying that social media is bad, more like how I'm hooked to it. I never spend my free time reading or writing anymore. It's like I don't even know how to read, I just know how to drown myself in endless Youtube videos! 

SO, I have a lot of books to catch up with. They're good too! Ranging from romance, thriller, life, poems and fantasy. I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO YOU, INTERNET!



4  |  Writing Is Good For The Soul πŸ“

Despite overreacting and stating that I will not surrender to the Internet during my free time, the internet is needed in order for me to publish my work. The irony is tragic. 2016 was not my best year for blogging but it has been the best, compared to my previous blogging years. I always had trouble looking for things to write, so I simply wait for inspiration to strike. Well, you have to at least try to search for inspiration then only it'll come to you. Yes, I've learnt that lesson. It's amazing how I can just blog about anything in my room. Uhm, I have a lot of products, so you get the picture!



5  |  Positive Mindset 🌈

Ahhhh, optimism. 🌞 This always played more as a lovely reminder than a resolution (has been for years). With that, here's an uplifting quote for all of us :


"Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive."   - Leah LaBelle






6   |  Less Is Best πŸ’

The walking life has decided that I'm the chosen one for 2017, so I'll be bidding my car goodbye. So this brings me to wearing less makeup. Never would I thought I will say this, but yes - HELLO, butt naked bare mole rat face. Ain't nobody gonna walk and have make up on. Screw that! My pores will suffer and that will have some pretty long ass effect so no. Minimal makeup is the way to go for 2017. πŸ˜‚

PLUS, when I went back to being Pescetarian, I wasn't taking milk as much as I used to. I loved dairy products but I've decided to stop, skin care wise. Ever since I've limited my intake on dairy and went back to being a Pescetarian, my skin has been wonderful. Even if I had breakouts, it would heal super fast! I'm super glad I didn't buy tons of skin care products because I wouldn't have been as diligent. Short said, I look good in minimal makeup thanks to my ever new lasting Hallelujah God like skin. πŸ™Œ




7  |  Save My Butt πŸ’°

I HONESTLY HATE THIS, but it's something that I have to start. Yes, I need to start saving my butt off and I don't mean saving for something that I want to buy later that month or buy that one thing and starve for that entire month. No, I can't afford doing that. I will lose it. So, hello saving life for the sake of future plans. Goodbye mindless therapeutic shopping and devouring divine food. πŸ‘‹

Well, that's my very simple and boring list! If you guys actually read it, then give yourself a pat on the back! Hahah! No, thank you for reading tho! For my mates out there, let's see if I will stick to this! Plus, I have a very personal list that I'll try to stick to as well. πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment