CAFES w EROS | EP2 : MACALLUM CONNOISSEURS



H E L L O   B E A U T I F U L S !  


I am super late for this post. Eros is on Episode FAR FROM WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW, and here I am only starting to type out Episode 2 of Café Hopping w Eros and Fufy. Hahah! He is way more efficient than I am, but then I have been either too busy and if I have the time, I’d either be too tired.

A couple of months ago, Eros and I decided to go to Macallum Connoisseur and we invited #bevin ( Bella and Kevin ) to tag along. Gerald was supposed to join us but being the busy boy he is, he couldn’t. My god, I remember the struggles I had with the DSLR – the ISO, shutter speed and aperture. I was new okay. I did not know how to function that contraption.  I’m better now tho, hehe.








M  A  C  A  L  L  U  M  
C  O  N  N  O  I  S  S  E  U  R  S
{ 1 Gat Lebuh Macallum, 10300 George Town, Malaysia
 Daily 09:00-00:00  /  04-2613597 , 01112591459 }


  Macallum Connoisseurs was a warehouse and now the owner turned it into a café and academy, with minimalistic interior – high ceilings, dangling lightbulbs, wooden furnished, grey walls and flooring. There’s also ample of parking space which I appreciate very much. They also have a Sensory Station and Roasting Room, which is probably for the students of the academy. (Tho, I really wanted to go in and touch everything)


















I would definitely come here for lunch or dinner! Let’s just get on with the food shall we?






            PORK MEAT BALL BOLOGNESE & BEEF MEAT BALL BOLOGNESE   / RM18

Eros had the Beef version and Bella had the pork version. Well, I can’t try it being a Pescetarian so here’s what Eros thought about his meal :


           
I would say that this pasta was okay and that it was worth it. I shall give it a rating of 3/5 because Bella's balls were bigger and my mum's bolognese is still better hahaha.   

(Yes, I took this from his blog. Don’t be shy and pay him a visit here.)



    Now, for Bella’s impression of her meal. Well, nothing describes it better than this :



  Just look at her face. I did not get her to fake it okay. I was ready with the camera when she took her first bite. Actually, I think she died a bit because it was foodgasm.





            BREAKFAST BAGEL  RM8

  Kevin had this because he was not as hungry (but I think his stomach just wants mamu). Anyway, it is served with their house cream cheese w scrambled eggs as the side. The eggs were perfect, for me. It was so nice and fluffy and a little bit creamy.  MUCH YUMS. Plus, the price is okay.





            GOOD OL’ BAGEL   /  RM7

Eros ordered this as an extra and you get a poppy seed bagel with your own choice of spread – cream cheese, orange marmalade, butter or apricot jam. Here is what Eros thinks about it :

I would say that this bagel was worth it because of the amount, the quality and the price. If you wanted to take a nice table photo, more food = better. This only costs RM7 so it's great for adding more elements to your table. Plus it tastes great. The next time I come I shall try the orange marmalade. 



(OMG I JUST REALIZED I DON'T HAVE A PHOTO OF THIS, MUCH FAIL. FORGIVE ME)

            SALTED CARAMEL MACADAMIA CHEESE CREPE CAKE RM13

  Since when have I ever not want cake, especially when it sounds and looks so darn good? Eros and I shared this one. The cake is absolutely amazing! It’s the perfect cake really! Foodgasm really! Totally recommend this one!






            TIRAMISU CREPE CAKE  RM13

  This one was what Bevin shared. You see people, sharing is caring. Anyway, Bella said that the cake was okay and it was not perfect but the portion was very generous. As for me, I’ve tried it and my god, I loved it! Coffee and cake merged in one? What’s not to like especially when you’re a coffee lover? I would definitely get this the next time I visit!






            CREAMY DE PESTO W SMOKED SALMON  /  RM26

  Everybody should get this! This was my meal and goodness, I loved it! I have been loving pesto ever since I had this creamy pesto spaghetti at Harvest Times.

The portion was just right, and everything just falls into place – the creamy pesto sauce that you’ll never get sick of, the very generous amount of salmon. The price is equivalent to everything on the plate as well!

It was so good that I was so determined to make my very own but then, that’s another story. Short said, a definitely must have when you’re here!
           




            PICCOLO LATTE  / RM8

  Ahhh, if you know me, I can never resist coffee so I thought I’d order something small on that day as I didn’t feel like having too much. I guess it was okay. I forgot to ask what kind of beans they used. Oh well, but this was just quite normal.



   
    Ahhh, the days when I’m not as tired or busy or just plain dead. I’m sorry it took me two months to actually post this. Hahahah! TBH I just wanted to die but Eros made me do it and then now I have the inspiration to type more so byeee! Hope y'all enjoy this post. 



2 comments:

  1. Finalleh! I should start editing my pictures too, the filters make everything look so much better! 😍 And I look disturbing with my pasta hahaha 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! Child Friendly Cafes

    ReplyDelete